The Pirate Speaks

“How to Make Homemade Face Scrub”

Angel Helom, Staff Writer

Going to your nearest mall or drug store and trying to find the best face scrub for you can be such a hassle. You don’t want to pick a face scrub that’s too cheap because it may not work. You also don’t want to choose the most expensive one either because… well, it’s too expensive. So,now, you find yourself stuck in a bind. After reading this article, you will realize that you were searching high and low for the perfect face scrub that was really right in front of you this entire time. 

Homemade face scrubs are one of the easiest tasks ever to create. No driving back and forth to different stores, high-end ingredients, nor toxic chemicals. You are in complete control of what goes into the pot. The hardest decision you’ll ever have to make with this is “Which face scrub do I make?” There are plenty of face scrubs to choose from. Examples of these face scrubs include: Simple Sugar face scrub, Honey Brown Sugar face scrub, Green Tea face scrub, Ginger Coconut Oil face scrub, Pumpkin Spice face scrub, Vanilla Rose face scrub, Chocolate Sugar Face scrub, Lemon and Sugar face scrub, and Honey and Oatmeal face scrub. Those were just a few of the variety of face scrubs that you could choose to make. It depends on your preference, skin type, and tolerance.  

After choosing your preference of face scrub, (let’s just say you chose the Honey and Oatmeal face scrub) gather your ingredients together and sit them in a spacious place. For the Honey and Oatmeal face scrub you will need: 

• Uncooked oats {$2.79} 
  • Honey {$2.88} 
  • Nutmeg {$2.48} 
  • Lavender Oil {$2.80} 
  •  Sugar {$1.48} 

Total = $12.45 

Step one: Pour ½ cup of oatmeal in your blender to break it down. You don’t want the oats to be too large, nor do you want them to be too powdery. Blend the oats for about 2 ½ minutes, then transfer the oats back into the measuring cup. 

Step two: Add the remaining ingredients. You will need two tablespoons of Honey, one teaspoon of nutmeg, fifteen drops of lavender, and two tablespoons of sugar.  

Step Three: Apply the scrub as you would apply any other facial cleanser. Allow the scrub to sit on your face for two to three minutes, then rinse off with warm water. Apply an unscented lotion after rinsing off the scrub for that extra moist look.  

This article proves that you do not have to break your pockets to keep your face clean. There is always an alternative to buying expensive face care. Homemade face scrubs are key factors on your budgeting list. Keeping your face clean is a necessity, but breaking your pockets to do so isn’t.