“End of the Year at Pearl High”

Back to Article
Back to Article

“End of the Year at Pearl High”

Sadejah Wells, Staff Writer

The year of 2017 is finally coming to an end. Students at Pearl High school have been preparing to go on break while also managing to finish all of their school work. This is ending the year’s first semester.

The first semester is always the most important, especially for its seniors. Around this time, seniors are working on fixing any previous errors they’ve had with gradse or trying to raise their grade point average. The ending of first semester is always stressful for seniors because their final grades will determine what their final GPA will look like.

Although this is an important time for seniors, many won’t have to attend school the week of their final semester exams. Most seniors only have semester classes and during this time you can be exempt from all except full year round classes. Underclassmen such as juniors and sophomores will have to attend mostly all of their classes.

Testing will begin on Monday, December 18. People who have to test will need to be at school at 8:30. Monday will be for 5B and 6B classes. The following Tuesday will be 1A and 2A. Wednesday students will take their 7B and 8B. They will finish with their 3A and 4A classes. The following Friday will only be a makeup day for students who weren’t able to make it throughout the week.

Although towards the end of the year is for testing, students at Pearl have a fun Spirit Christmas week. This week allows students to dress up in some of their best Christmas themes. Monday theme was hat day. Next, came tacky Tuesday. On Wednesday, seniors were to wear red, while underclassmen wore green. Thursday was pajama theme allowing students to dress comfortably. Friday’s theme is Flannel day where you wear your favorite flannel or plaid.