Featured Teacher: Ms. Carter

Claire Henderson, Staff Writer

Anna Carter has been selected by the Pirate Speaks Newspaper to be spotlighted as the feature teacher for the month of September.

Carter teaches Child Development, Family Dynamics, Health, and Nutrition to students from ninth grade to twelfth grade. She is also the sponsor for FCCLA, Family Career and Community Leaders of America, at Pearl High School. This is her first-year teaching at Pearl Public Schools and her first-year teaching overall.

Carter graduated from University Christian School in Flowwood, Mississippi in 2010. She went on to attend the University of Southern Mississippi and received a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics in December of 2014. Carter is currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching from Belhaven University. This

When asked why Carter decided to work here at PHS, she said that she has been allowed to explore deeper into subjects that interest her, including Health and Nutrition, and has been given the opportunity to prepare her students for life after high school.

Carter stated “If I weren’t a teacher, I would love to be the owner and operator of a coffee shop. I love coffee!” when asked what her dream job would be if not working for PHS.

Carter has a fraternal twin sister and a younger brother. She has a ten- year old Maltipoo named Reese. In her spare time, Carter enjoys running outdoors, working out at the YMCA, and watching Netflix or Hulu. She also enjoys attending New Orleans Saints football games.

Although Carter is not originally from Pearl, we welcome her to Pirate Country and wish her well on her first-year teaching.