The student news site of Pearl High School

The Pirate Speaks

Thespians Take the stage

Sadejah Wells, Staff Writer

Join  Pearl High School Thespians as they  present The Addams Family the play .

The Addams Family is a musical comedy. The play is based on The Addams Family show created by Charles Addams. The storyline is of a ghoulish American family with a craving for all things grisly. They take the audience through a journey of their lives as being “outcasts.”

Auditions were held before Christmas break. Over fifty people auditioned for a role. Julia Harrison and Logan Mcdowell earned the two leading parts of Wednesday and Uncle Fester.

Now a junior at pearl, Julia Harrison says she loves her role and rehearses at home daily while also watching The Addams Family and other related movies to better fit the part.  “There was no rehearsal. We were given a script and told to wing it, and apparently I did well,”said Harrison.

Logan Mcdowell, who is also a junior thespian at Pearl High, said, “I just rehearse daily and sometimes finds movies and acts to resemble my character better.”

Thespian Meagan Mason, who is a junior this year and plays an ancestor in the play, isn’t a lead but still puts forth the same effort as a lead would. She says, “Although it’s minor, I enjoy my part and rehearse just as much as others.”

Thespians have been practicing every day after school since Christmas break. There were many people who joined in helping prepare for the play, such as their stage tech, along with Ms. Langworthy and Mrs. Rawls, the music directors.

The play will be held on February 16-18 in the PAC at 7pm and also on the February19 at 2pm.

Directors Mrs.Smith and Mr. Weeks have worked hard to help successfully prepare for this play. They are hoping that everyone enjoys the play and that all goes well.