The student news site of Pearl High School

The Pirate Speaks

PHS Bowling Team Certain to Strike

Claire Henderson, Staff Writer

The try outs have already taken place; the players have been selected; the players have begun preparing themselves for what lies ahead.  As we launch into the second nine weeks, the PHS bowling team’s season begins.

Joe Hennessy, the PHS bowling team coach, is really looking forward to this season as well as the players selected for 2016-2017 team.

He stated that he was most excited about growing his team this year as he has some first year bowlers on the team this year.

“I think that of my returning bowlers I am going to have good leaders on my team and with my first year bowlers I see a lot of potential and excitement from them to begin the season,” Hennessy said.

With an average of 4-4 on last year’s season, the coach says that they are not where they want to be but that the team is very respected against other teams.

“Clinton is the team everyone around here is often very focused on beating, but when it comes to the state level Tupelo has such a strong team and offers very strong competition,” Hennessy said when asked about rivals and completion throughout the state.

With much potential and excitement, the PHS bowling team sets out the grow as a team and as individuals looking to conquer completion and display their Pirate Pride.