The student news site of Pearl High School

The Pirate Speaks

NJROTC Holds Annual Military Ball

Trey Self, Staff Writer

On February 18, 2017, ROTC held a navy ball at Pearl High School. The navy ball started at 7:30pm and ended at 11:00pm.

The people who planned the ball are known as the social committee, and these are the people who make up the social committee: Rebeca Chapa, Caitlin Delaney, Ana Aguilar, Monae McCree, Talissa Moore, Lisa Gleason, Jacqueline Pacheco, Kam Shoto, Courtney Delaney, Lillian Kelly, Demi Small, and Darrylyn Poole.

There was food and drinks served at the ball. Fish, chicken, hush puppies, fries, cheese, and grapes were the foods at the ball. Tea was also served at the ball. The ball was catered by Harvey’s Fish Hut.

The music was provided by Elizabeth Mclnnis. There was a game where if a person’s name was pulled from a drawing, that person would win a prize. The prizes were pink or purple water bottles, a gift card, a navy pants suit, book bags, and hats.

There were twelve queens and twelve kings. All the kings were Thomas Quinn, DeJuonta Wells, Benjiman Thompkins, Brian Hammes, Clayton Engle, Dominic Lopez, Jordan Hundley, Zak Hoyt, Jose Zambrano, Kevin Nicblas, Alex Allen, and Eddie Eaton.

All the queens were Lucy Poole, Savannah Blowers, Brianna Godsy, Stacy Dominques, Mackinzie Davis, Sametta Nance, Rayna Tucker, Ramea Ridge, Courtney Delany, Rebeca Chapa, Ana Aguilar, and Kam Shoto. Over all, Rebeca Chapa and Kevin Nicblas won the king and queen crowns.

BreAnna Godsy is in 9th grade and on the yearbook staff. “Being at the military ball was an amazing experience and being recognized as a freshman queen was great, too” said Godsy.